Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals
I've already used this line in a few posts welcoming in new fans in this Super Bowl run.

The 1980's were a while back. Now I did like the 5 straight play-off seasons with Dalton to Green from 2011 to 2015, but they did end in One and Done, but I still respect the 5 winning years in a row.

Still, Bengals changed Coaches and Players starting 2019. I'm now thinking some Front Office changes, which I said I would believe it when I see a better team on the field. 2019 was NEW DAY instead of WHO DEY. NEW DAY was NEEDED. Fans who thought NEW DAY would start with Wins right away were silly. Per Paul Brown in 1968, he said it takes a few years to become a good team and don't expect much the first few years. So I applied that to 2019 and 2020.

So this is NEW DAY and a whole NEW BENGALS. IT WAS NEEDED. Over 30 years without a play-off win. It was time to make Changes across the board from Front Office to all Coaches to All Players. So with THE NEW BENGALS, and Old FANS getting use to the changes and stop asking for old Marvin players and coaches back because it ain't happening. With NEW FANS jumping on The Bengals Bandwagon due to Super Bowl.

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU. .....The old AC/DC song. As an old rock fan watching young teens at AC/DC for maybe their first concert ever as I once did as a teen, I got it. Of course at my age when I was a teen, rock bands were cavemen and they used real rocks. Then they invented the wheel, and we had Rock and Roll. Then we invented Fire so that audiences could wave Fire for the cavemen to come back on stage and throw a couple more rocks. That was then and this is now. Be in new concerts of teen fans or Football of new fans, it's still the same. On BENGALS NEW DAY, as AC/DC would sing, FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU.

So Welcome to The Jungle all you young new Bengals Fans, and FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU.....WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE.....I guess Both Songs Fit.

As for Rock, I hope The Rolling Stones have quit. I don't want to see them so old they come out on power wheel chairs, and they literally are indeed The ROLLING Stones.

Now on 1920's, 1930's 1940's 1950's type music, I recommend Tiger Rag by The Mills Brothers from Piqua Ohio. There are many versions of Tiger Rag, often without words as Dixieland Jazz. However you can go on YouTube and probably find a very old 1930's version of The Mills Brothers on Tiger Rag, as they sing Hold That Tiger. The Mills Brothers were great, and they are worth a listen. I like them doing Be My Life's Companion, where they sing " Sad as it can be, He's old at 33 ". TIGER RAG by Mills Brothers is a fun song. I also like Glow Worm, Cab Driver, these Cats could Sing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - kevin - 02-04-2022, 07:25 PM