Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When can do away with "no knock" warrants?
(02-04-2022, 07:59 PM)treee Wrote: Speaking broadly, there is patterns with everything. I guarantee you there are some set of common factors when innocent people being killed in their homes by no knock warrants. A simple one of the top of my head seems to be a distinct lack of information about the situation or even incorrect information. I'm sure there are many subsets of just the informational aspect alone.

Of course inaccurate information, or just a simple mistake, can lead to catastrophic consequences.  That doesn't invalidate the concept or the reason behind it.

Quote:How are they striving to prevent this from happening? Communicating those attempts better with the public would go a long way.

How to prevent?  By doing your job properly, as happens in the overwhelmingly vast majority of these circumstances.  As for communicating with the public, please.  Bashing law enforcement is a pastime for many, it would be received as excuse making.  I've attempted to explain here in this thread and have gotten pushback on basic concepts.  It's hard, but not impossible to understand the job if you haven't done it.  It is impossible when the "other side" isn't even trying to hear your argument.

Quote:I don't think this is a compelling comparison. Knowing that you doctor could mess up your surgery is a lot different than knowing that your door could be kicked down and yourself accidentally shot to death.

You're right, but only in the sense that you are much more likely to be killed by your doctor than you are by law enforcement.  If you're a law abiding citizen, which most people are, your risk of being harmed, much less killed, by law enforcement is close to zero.  This doesn't mean that avoidable deaths should not be prevented if at all possible, but it does shine the light on the extreme rarity of innocent people being kill by law enforcement.  In a country of 330,000,000 people around 100 are killed by law enforcement per year that should not have been. This includes no knock warrants.  While any preventable death is certainly a tragedy, why are the 100,000 plus killed by medical malpractice less important than the ~100 killed by law enforcement mistakes?  Bottom line, this is not the problem that it's being purported to be.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When can do away with "no knock" warrants? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-04-2022, 08:45 PM