Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals
Like everyone else who lived through the 80's I am sure that a couple of things about the current Bengal team immediately bring to mind two big hits by that 80's monster hitmaker James Taylor.

Regarding the Super Bowl appearance, these lines from "Fire and Rain" seem most apropos.  .  .  

I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again.

And, of course, whenever a Bengal fan sees Burrow's impish grin these lines from "You've Got a Friend" come to mind.

When you're down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, oh, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night

And finally, as I contemplate Mike Brown winning his first playoff game ever and now finding himself in the Super Bowl I keep hearing ths strains of a song from another musical giant of the 80's Dan Fogleburg.  Can't you all just imagine Mike thinking about his father's legacy and softly signing to himself these lines from "Leader of the Band"

He earned his love through discipline
A thundering, velvet hand
His gentle means of sculpting souls
Took me years to understand.

The leader of the band is tired
And his eyes are growing old
But his blood runs through my instrument
And his song is in my soul

My life has been a poor attempt
To imitate the man
I'm just a living legacy
To the leader of the band

I am especially moved by the line about blood running through my instrument.  ThumbsUp

'80's music rules!!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - fredtoast - 02-05-2022, 12:56 AM