Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Listening to sportcasters right now is hilarious
(02-05-2022, 01:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have to admit the only Rams game I have watched this year is the final with SF. How is the Rams run defense?

They played it damn well against SF, but I don't think that is that impressive.   If you remember SF had less than 100 yards rushing against Cincy...the fumbles by Phillips were what cost them that game.

They gave up over 160 yards rushing to the Ravens and struggled with a mobile QB.  

The Cincy run game has been so predictable, though.  Wide runs looking for a cutback lane or get outside mixed in with runs right in to the pile up the middle.  I saw one run where Prince completely whiffed (like, didn't touch him) on a run in the red zone and his DE tackled Mixon for a no gain.  If he slowed down that defender at all, it would have been a huge gain.  It always seems like one guy misses a block and that is all it takes.

Given the extra week off, and Burrow's determination, I think we will see Joe scramble even more just to get 5-8 yards and get down.  That is an answer to them dropping 7 or 8 in to coverage.  Joe has great mobility to avoid one guy coming at him, but gets sacked when more than one guy breaks loose.  They need to tighten that up, for certain.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Listening to sportcasters right now is hilarious - SHRacerX - 02-05-2022, 01:13 PM