Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Listening to sportcasters right now is hilarious
(02-05-2022, 12:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Remember, it is all about growing their audience and LA is a "God like being" market and Cincy is a "gnat" like market....'

HOWEVER, there is something going on that I simply can't believe.  The BENGALS are becoming "America's Team".  No, they won't get Cowboy Fans to burn their stars, but they have a lot of folks that have planted their stake as fans of the Bengals.  

If I try to look at it objectively, it makes sense:

Burrow is incredibly likable.  Just the right amount of brash confidence with a quirky, unapologetic side (Sponge Bob, the Glasses, the Rock attire).  He is also playing at a HOF QB level in just his second season coming off a devastating knee injury.  People see how Burrow deals with adversity and they can't help but admire the guy and want to follow him.  He NEVER glares at a lineman after someone blows him up.  That's football, he believes.  No Brady-like whining after hits.  Folks don't see Burrow as a soccer-like flopper, but a tough SOB.  

Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, CJ Uzomah, Joe Mixon, Sam Hubbard, DJ Reader, Trey Hendrickson, Logan Wilson, BJ Hill, Germaine Pratt, Mike Hilton, Jesse Bates, Chido Awuzie, Even McPherson....they are ALL just such likable guys.  The coaches are even likable.  The press conferences aren't condescending speeches, but positive and grateful.  

This is my favorite Bengals team of all time.  I think the nation, with social media, and the unbelievable playoff run, are starting to take notice.

I don't really know why a lot of the nation is kind of anti-KC...I am a little tired of the damn State Farm ads, too, but it sure doesn't make me hate them.  Maybe the nation of fringe fans of any teams were just sick of the Chiefs always being in the AFC Title game?  Regardless, you could feel the ground swell of Bengals fans around the country.  There were a ton at that game!

Compared to the Rams, who aren't even in the same city as they were when Kurt Warner led the "Greatest Show on Turf".  I believe that even though their market is huge, I don't see their fan base as huge.  People in LA LOVE the USC Trojans...I don't know if the Rams have that level of love...

But this incredibly likable team is building a future fan base before our eyes and it is SO COOL to watch.  

I am not going to be "get off my lawn" guy and say that fans that didn't suffer through the 90s can't hop on the bandwagon.  The way I look at it, the more fans they have, the less likely they are to get screwed by the league officiating.  

Only a select few (Kay Adams) seem to really get from a National perspective, what an incredibly fun and likable team the Bengals are right now. 

Good post. When I think of some of our playoff teams of the recent past I pulled for them but it was hard to like a lot of the players. Andy was dull, Burfict and Jones were thuggish, AJ seemed to be hurt a lot, as was Tyler Eifert. 

But, like you said about this current team, they are all very likable. And they are really good. Yesterday I heard either Dan Hoard or Lap (don't remember which one) say that the Bills couldn't stop the Chiefs from scoring, but the Bengals kept them from scoring a TD in 8 straight drives.

It doesn't really bother me that the team isn't getting the pub that the Rams are. When I think about the beginning of the season how the Bengals were irrelevant but now they're all over TV and internet. I've even seen some Joe Burrow clickbait on line. "See the mansion Joe Burrow is living in" or something like that. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Listening to sportcasters right now is hilarious - BengalRed - 02-05-2022, 01:15 PM