Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
When the Bengals Won the AFC Title, What Was Your Immediate Reaction?
(02-05-2022, 01:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yelled, hugged, maybe cried a little....did snow angels in a t-shirt and shorts, poured Jack Daniels down my buddies throat while he made a snow angel, ran naked down the street.  

And once I calmed down...I realized there was another game to watch.  A part of me wanted SF because I thought they were a better matchup and the Bengals could pay them back for one, but then realized I would rather have the Rams.  The 49ers, I am guessing, have way more fans due to their history and never having moved.  The 49ers are also "unconventional".  

So, I watched the Rams eek it out and sat there and realized I would have to wait two weeks for the game....and the anxiety started growing. 

I have (seriously) been praying for ages that the Bengals win a Super Bowl while my dad is here to celebrate it with me.  He is in great health, but at 88 years of age, I know he could be taken from me quickly.  I have seen posts from many on here that lost a parent recently, and my heart aches for all of you.  My dad is my best friend.  That isn't meant to imply that he was a friend and not a parent growing up.  He was hard on me.  He was VERY hard on me.  Now, I am so grateful for his lessons all my life and we always watch the games together.  Dad still comes to my draft parties and has some bourbon with the boys and tells stories that have my friends dying.  

Just one time (of course I will ask for more after they win!), I want my dad and me to experience the Super Bowl win.  After all the years cheering together.  It would be incredible.  It WILL BE incredible.  

I was wondering how many just got naked and started running down the street like Forrest Gump.  I so wanted to to go to Kroger, wearing just a Joe Schiesty  mask, and run around the frozen food aisles a couple of times. I really did. Then I got to thinking I may be in the pokey come time for the Superbowl and would miss being able to watch the game. I did go get some frozen veggies after the game but I kept the Bengals' mask off and the clothes on. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the Bengals Won the AFC Title, What Was Your Immediate Reaction? - Science Friction - 02-05-2022, 02:27 PM