Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals
I just can't help but feel like some of the magic of this team and this season is due to the connection between the team and their Bayou brethren down south. The Burrow-Chase connection is something unlike anyone has ever seen before. It's like they can read each other's minds. It's like the same aura that surrounded of one of the greatest college teams of all-time now surrounds this Bengals' team. The picture showing Tyler Shelvin hoisting Burrow on his shoulder after the National title game and again after the AFC title game was chilling.

New Orleans is a city known for its magic and Burrow and his mates had it in New Orleans in the National Championship game. Those Bayou Bengals and the Cincy Bengals are inextricably linked and we are where we are because of the Ohio-Louisiana connection.

Back in 2005, I was watching in horror on TV as our great southern city of New Orleans drowned right before our eyes. I'll never forget trying to find some comfort by playing some old Classic rock music. A song came on that caused tears to fill the levies of my eyes just the way that the waters of Lake Pontchartrain was flooding New Orleans. It's a song about New Orleans. From the early '80's, the song is hauntingly beautiful, yet foreboding in its lyrics.
Any list of songs tied to the Bengals this season would have to pay homage to the Louisiana/Cincinnati connection; the Bayou Bengals and the Cincinnati Bengals; the Crescent City and the Queen City.

In the heart of the night
In the cool Southern rain
There's a full moon in sight
Shining down on the Pontchartrain
And the river she rises
Just like she used to do
She's so full of surprises
She reminds me of you
Oh, whoa, down in New Orleans...

And I'm so glad to be back in New Orleans
Please don't wake me, don't shake me
If it's only, if it's only just a dream
'Cause it's the only place that I can face
Make me feel so right

Below that Dixie moon and lovin' you

https://youtu.be/VApfFYKrOf4
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Science Friction - 02-05-2022, 03:39 PM