Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flores files a class action suit against the NFL
(02-05-2022, 04:52 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: I have to be honest with over 70% of the players being black I would prefer a black HC a guy who listens or listened to the same kind of music, grew up in the same kind of world, a guy who can relate to life as a black man. And I do think the black players feel more comfortable around a guy who gets it and has been where they came from.

Why we have only one black HC is surprising and really makes no sense, if I owned an NFL team, I'd be looking for a black HC simply makes sense.

I can see this. It’s about relatability which makes sense. The first I heard this was about 30 years ago when a black Raiders player said he appreciated playing under Art Shell who was one of the first long term black head coaches. Art was also an incredible offensive tackle so his credibility factor was off the charts.

Forget skin color for a moment because players from all backgrounds respected and loved playing for Tony Dungy, Dennis Green, Jim Caldwell, Lovie Smith, and yes, even Marvin Lewis. From what I’ve heard the Miami players played hard for Brian Flores and, even though I loathe all things Steelers, I have mad respect for Mike Tomlin. He has NEVER had a losing season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flores files a class action suit against the NFL - Fan_in_Kettering - 02-05-2022, 05:06 PM