Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flores files a class action suit against the NFL
(02-05-2022, 04:52 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: I have to be honest with over 70% of the players being black I would prefer a black HC a guy who listens or listened to the same kind of music, grew up in the same kind of world, a guy who can relate to life as a black man.  And I do think the black players feel more comfortable around a guy who gets it and has been where they came from.

Why we have only one black HC is surprising and really makes no sense,  if I owned an NFL team,  I'd be looking for a black HC simply makes sense.

You would hire a HC based upon the type of music the listened to or where they grew up?  No you wouldn't.  You like to think that you would but if you were in that position you'd be thinking much differently.  

"Those that can't do, teach"

I don't see why it's unfathomable, in a sport dominated by african americans, other ethnicities focus more on coaching/leading than playing to break into the league.  

The NFL has a real problem with the Rooney Rule and it's clearly not working as it was intended.  All it's doing is making things worse.  But I don't think your POV on how they should hire is any better.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flores files a class action suit against the NFL - basballguy - 02-05-2022, 08:26 PM