Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flores files a class action suit against the NFL
(02-05-2022, 08:45 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: I see you get it,  yes that word.....relatability makes total sense. Just knowing your coach has had to deal with the same things you are dealing with is a big deal and does make a difference.  You can talk to him about things a white coach would know nothing about it.  

Oh yes, I get it and this comes from my time in the military. With that said, there are white coaches and Latino coaches who had hard lives growing up. The hard life of a white or Latino youth may not be the same as the hard life of a black youth but it can be hard nonetheless. We need to look at each other as one beautiful human race because in every ethnic group can be found saints, sinners, losers, and winners.

The other day I was thinking about this race issue and I was sitting with my friend from work who is black and a Cleveland Browns fan. We both have military experience; he is an electrical engineer and I am a physicist. We were sitting there having a beer and I told him I have much more in common with him as an American than I do with some white guy from Sweden. We laughed but it was true.

There was a time in the NFL when there was more than one black head coach and trends come and go in cycles. There will be more black head coaches, then less, then more.

Circling back to the military, I have had black bosses who have mentored me better than anyone else. All I saw was their rank not their skin color. I hope those under me see the same thing no matter their background.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flores files a class action suit against the NFL - Fan_in_Kettering - 02-06-2022, 01:12 AM