Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Would a Bengals' Superbowl Win Mean to You? Put it in Context.
(02-06-2022, 07:01 AM)TexasorBusted Wrote: I'm old enough to remember the Wire to Wire 1990 Reds championship season. I got to see the Celtics win the championship in '08. I got to see the Boston Bruins get the Stanley Cup in '11. I got to see The Ohio State Buckeyes win the Natty twice in '02 and '14.

All of those titles were special in their own way, but when the Cincinnati Bengals win the Lombardi that will dwarf the excitement of those titles. The franchise has never won a title. The franchise has been not run well and does lots of things that limits what it can do compared to other franchises. It feels like the Bengals are trying to run an organization with one hand tied behind their backs.

I stepped away from the Bengals at the end of the Dalton/Lewis era because this franchise had to change radically to get to a better place. I just wanted the team to suck just to get in position to draft a real franchise QB. And we got one and I believe he will be an "all-timer" when it's all done. Why? Because I believe in Joe Burrow, the entire roster believes in Joe Burrow, and Joe Burrow believes in Joe Burrow. That's the difference with the Bengals. Burrow is just doing his job. He doesn't care about the failed history. He IS the Bengals history. His power is that he doesn't flinch. No one wins a freaking playoff game after being sack 9 times, but Joe Burrow wins those gritty games.

When the Bengals get the Lombardi, that will be the day that I can say, "I've seen it all! I can leave this planet having experienced the sweetest highest of highs."

Pretty much the way I see it. A Bengals' win would be the pinnacle in sports for me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would a Bengals' Superbowl Win Mean to You? Put it in Context. - Science Friction - 02-06-2022, 07:06 AM