Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Would a Bengals' Superbowl Win Mean to You? Put it in Context.
Teams I root for rarely win championships. Pro, college, minor league, you name it - few ever succeed. I have sat in so many stadiums and arenas over the years, rooting for this team or that to accomplish the impossible, always to be disappointed. The Dodgers won two WS back in the '80s, but I was one of the few people outside of CA to care, so it didn't really resonate. And we had a minor league hockey team in Dayton that won a championship eight or nine years ago, but they did it on the road and there was no parade, and then they folded a year later.

The main teams I support these days are the Bengals, Blue Jackets and Bruins. The Bruins might put together seven or eight wins and go lose the Cactus Bowl, if they're lucky. Besides, they're on the other side of the continent. And the Jackets are about as close to a Stanley Cup as you and I are to Saturn. So, it's up to the Bengals. I still remember the disappointment of SB XVI, that 20-0 halftime score that was a nightmare after such a great run, and the heart-breaking final minutes of SB XXIII. Those losses never leave you. I, and I imagine many others here, still carry them to this day.

So, a win would mean a chance to celebrate as I've enviously watched so many other fanbases do. A parade, and a gathering at Fountain Square, where we can celebrate as one.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would a Bengals' Superbowl Win Mean to You? Put it in Context. - Awful Llama - 02-06-2022, 11:22 AM