Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis blasts 'phantom call' at end of game
(11-24-2015, 07:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The pity is they could try and fix it, but do nothing. I also agree with the fine crap getting out of hand, a guy gets fined less for a helmet to helmet hit than they do for a minor uniform infraction. They are ruining a great game.

Last night the Bills most likely lose, but the receiver makes a catch, rolls out of bounds backwards on purpose to stop the clock, is never touched and they official winds down the final 2 seconds. No excuse for bad calls that are obvious. The rules in these situations are also the problem, To me it is simple, if a player goes out of bounds the clock stops regardless of how he went out.

Every week and every game there seems to be bad and controversial calls. AJ gets leveled with a helmet to helmet hit Sunday night and no flag, then next week we will see a guy get hit close to the head and a flag will fly. It is crazy how bad these refs are week to week.

As much as a hated the changes Goodell started making when Harrison was the poster boy for hits, the fines and flags weren't the worst part. It was the inconsistency they were dealt. Losing some being hits was mangabe for the NFL, but the inconsistency made the league lose credibility and integrity.

These uniforms fines are supposedly out of Goodell's hands because of the CBA. Of course, Still never got fined for his eye black and he said he didn't even think to ask for permission because he didn't know it was a violation. He had more important things to pay than fines, and I'm not worried about Heyward's pocket change 6k fine, but it's the fact that there's any fine is ridiculous. It's not like honoring a deceased parent undermined or interfered with Nike's deal with the NFL in any way.

The refs are so bad so often I don't even get mad or feel bad for a team that got screwed anymore. It's expected and a routine part of the game at this point. I know the league doesn't want to do anything that seemingly throws the officiating under the bus, but doing nothing and ignoring the problem isn't working.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis blasts 'phantom call' at end of game - 6andcounting - 11-24-2015, 08:31 PM