Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Would a Bengals' Superbowl Win Mean to You? Put it in Context.
(02-06-2022, 11:10 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: It would all be worth it. All the years of ups and downs, cheering, supporting, going to games, buying merchandise, all the jokes I heard, all the comments I took, all the put downs, the weird looks, all of that. It would be a payoff for over 40 years of sticking by this team no matter what. Never denying them, always being proud to say why my favorite team was regardless of their record, all the times I defended them, or got in arguments with other teams fans. I was too young to remember the first Super Bowl, but I remember the second one vividly. What a gut punch it was to lose that game.

My father left when I was 6 months old. My grandfather stepped up and played a prominent role in my life. He and I had a special relationship. He was much more of a father to me than a grandfather. We bonded over Bengals and football. He was born and raised in Louisiana. A fan of LSU. He passed away in 2017 from cancer. I miss him every day. I often think about how happy he would be seeing the team back in the Super Bowl. That a couple of LSU boys were a big reason for the team being there. How much fun we would have talking about this team and seeing how special they are. I don't know if that really answers the question or really puts it in context, but it really is more than just a game. Winning the Super Bowl would mean a lot and I don't know that I can truly express how much a lot is.

On a different note, after always dreaming of having the opportunity, I bought 2022 season tickets. I've always wanted to have season tickets to the Bengals, but life always got in the way. My family couldn't afford it, then I went off to college and got a job that moved me around the country a lot. I just finally moved back to the area in 2020. I had a stroke in 2020 and don't work or move around so well anymore. That dream of being a season ticket holder never died though. With all the excitement of this season, my wife told me that if I wanted to do it to pull the trigger and make it happen. Due to health concerns, you never know if tomorrow is coming so I called them up on Friday and got season tickets finally.

So if you've stuck with me this long and read this manifesto, thank you. I rambled a bit and I do apologize for that. This season has been an amazing ride and I cannot truly express the joy it has brought me. My 2 young daughters are huge fans. My youngest has autism so she was saying Joe Burr before the Joe Brrrr thing became popular lol. I miss having my grandfather here for this, but I have my wife and kids to share this with. I can't wait to attend my first game in 2022 in MY seats. I can't wait to go to the parade when we bring that Lombardi to Cincinnati. Who Dey!
Incredibly well said!  Who Dey and lets go X!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would a Bengals' Superbowl Win Mean to You? Put it in Context. - pokin - 02-06-2022, 08:05 PM