Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks
Jesus.

A lot of this thread reminds me of every time that I walk into our local AmVets. I'm 54 and I'm usually the youngest guy in there by at least a decade. We are no longer in society's target demographic and some don't know how to adapt or adjust to a changing and evolving world that no longer focuses on them.

I'm a Thrash Metal fan that loves Rock and had absolutely zero interest in watching Bruno Mars . . . That dude kicked all kinds of ass. I remember thinking "Somewhere, Sammy Davis Jr is looking down and smiling right now. Well done, sir." as I surprisingly applauded at the end of his set. Katy Perry put on one hell of a show(talk about hoping for another wardrobe malfunction), Lady Gaga was very entertaining and the rest that weren't my cup of tea, I watched for about half of a song and then found something else to do. They've already released the setlist on wikipedia so I'll probably skip most of it. I wouldn't click on this link if you want to enjoy each song as they move onto each one. I hate knowing a setlist before I see a show. It's almost like knowing the final score of a game before you get to your DVR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows

One of my favorite guilty pleasures, Al Hirt, played the first halftime show and also the 4th, the 6th and 12th Super Bowls making him the only artist to be in 4 Halftime Shows. Surprisingly, he never played his most memorable hit, Java. It's almost impossible to be in a bad mood while listening to this . . .

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 02-06-2022, 09:18 PM