Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its easy to tolerate a guy when its the regular season
(02-06-2022, 10:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Eli isn't a shutdown corner. People expect our players to never give anything up. I get like that myself but the point remains he has been a part of some of the biggest plays in this playoff run. He batted the ball up in Tenn. to allow Wilson to get the pick and also tackled Hill short of the endzone before half. I may be wrong on this but was he the corner there when Pratt got the pick? If he was his coverage was good and was probably gonna cause it to be incomplete. 

Apple has had some bad plays this season and I've hated on him some. But as a whole his good plays have out weighed his bad and thats all you can ask.

Here is the way I look at it.  Apple has good size (6'1") and great speed (4.39).  He was not just a first round pick, he was a top 10 pick.

He has played pretty well over the last 10 games, but he will still be cheap this off season.  I'd be happy to resign him at a bargain price.  But we also need to draft a CB in the top 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its easy to tolerate a guy when its the regular season - fredtoast - 02-07-2022, 12:56 AM