Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated matchup against Rams
(02-07-2022, 06:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s just not true.  The titans and raiders gave up less yards and the titans and chiefs gave up less points.

What are you referencing when saying this is the best defense? After Ramsey, Donald and Miller, this is a beatable team.

Rams have more elite talent on D.. sure.  Bengals have deeper talent overall.

I mean, Eric Weddel as played great this post season. But 3 weeks ago he was on his couch.

The Rams allowed fewer yards per play, had a lower scoring percentage against and had significantly better EPA per play numbers than all of those teams. The Raiders defense absolutely stunk, they don't have a case here. They had one of the highest scoring percentages against them in the entire league. The Chiefs allowed eight less points than the Rams did, which is a bit silly to point out as a reason that they were better. Going straight off of points allowed can be misleading when judging a defense because of situations they are put in by turnovers or special teams play. They could have had a bad draw by having some untimely turnovers, pick sixes, fumble sixes etc. Points allowed factors in all of those and Stafford just so happened to have an issue with pick sixes this season. I've posted this chart in a couple of threads now, but here is a visualization of teams for the season using EPA per play.

[Image: EuKfXuL.png]

I never said the Rams weren't beatable, I said that they were. I just said that the Rams defense is the best defense Cincinnati will have played this post-season, and that's the case. It's a very even game otherwise. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Underrated matchup against Rams - M.W. - 02-07-2022, 07:38 PM
RE: Underrated matchup against Rams - KillerGoose - 02-07-2022, 07:05 PM