Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated matchup against Rams
(02-07-2022, 09:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I don't know guys, according to Rams fans there is NO WAY they win by less than 14+, according to them the games already over and the Rams won the whole damn thing EASILY.

So I guess we don't even need to watch the game.

Love this. They just never learn.  Smirk

(02-07-2022, 09:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Under pressure and against the blitz are different things so not sure why I was quoted. He has thrown the 2nd most INTS and the 6th most turnover worthy passes when under pressure, essentially he does really well against the blitz because it gets picked up or he gets it out before pressure gets gone. If he is simply under pressure he makes poor decisions and is a detriment to the team. Essentially the best way to get the team out of rhythm is to get home without extra rushers.

Which is what we try and do on Defense. We are one of the least blitzing teams in the NFL, we try and get pressure with our
front 4 and our front 3 like we did against Mahomes. This is a good Offense for our Defense to match up against and they have
problems pass protecting with their interior where we are strong with DJ and BJ.

Stafford isn't a runner either so we have less to worry about if he gets out of the pocket than say Mahomes.

(02-07-2022, 09:54 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: After what our Defense accomplished against the Chiefs in the second half of the AFC championship,I have no doubt they can matchup against the Rams.That second half was most impressive.It wasn’t just what they accomplished,but who they accomplished it against.The Chiefs Offense was smoking hot coming into that game.

They had just demolished the Buffalo Bills #1 defense in their win prior to facing the Bengals,to the tune of 42 points.

Yep. The Rams Offense doesn't scare me. Hilton has shut down Kupp before, our Secondary is better than the Buccaneers.

Our Linebackers are playing well and our front is playing great.

(02-07-2022, 10:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the Bengals got pressure on Mahomes rushing THREE, with Hubbard in a coverage spy role. They also used a bunch of different secondary alignments which essentially removed presnap reads from the Chief offense.

So true. If we can do even close to what we did against Mahomes in that 2nd half Stafford WILL struggle.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Underrated matchup against Rams - M.W. - 02-07-2022, 07:38 PM
RE: Underrated matchup against Rams - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-07-2022, 11:23 PM