Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Legitimate political discourse?"
Legitimate political discourse would be something like the many peaceful protests of the Vietnam war, or those peaceful Civil Rights marches by MLK and others. In recent years it would have been those peaceful protests over racism, but not the ones that had rioters and looters. To suggest that January 6th was 'legitimate political discourse', when the President of the United States betrayed his oath to defend and uphold the Constitution of the U.S. as his peaceful patriots stormed into Capitol building leaving 7 dead in their wake is beyond shameful.

Anyways the Republican party is a lost cause these days. I left the party just over a decade ago mainly due to social justice and the environment (I'm now an independent moderate). Heck, I even started out as an intern in mid 90s for the then U.S. Senator Mike DeWine, who is now Governor of Ohio. And since I left the party it seems to have gotten worse in those two regards. But now throw in the overall general stance of the Republicans when it comes to worst pandemic in 100 years, numbers and facts still don't matter to many of them in office, which trickles down to many of their voters.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Legitimate political discourse?" - Millhouse - 02-08-2022, 11:58 AM