Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Rogan apologises for using N-word and racist Planet of the Apes story
(02-09-2022, 08:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, Rogan is a faux intellectual who has been misinforming millions. You don't like him, don't listen to him. No controversy over what he has said is going to change anyone's mind at this point. All it does is causes his supporters to dig their heels in harder in support of him. Controversies like this just boost his public image and he would be more likely to gain listeners than lose them.

IDGAF what he says. When people bring up his podcast around me I just say that I don't listen because I don't want to increase his revenue in any way because he is a piece of shit. That usually ends the conversation right there. That's all I need to say.

I don't much like to concede space/discussion to the mis/dis/underinformed. They are why the country is in such a perilous state at the moment.

Supporters may dig in their heels, but there are always some people new to these issues who may learn something from open discussion.So I don't want to end conversation about these topics, especially when I am engaged with the other side. 

We cannot challenge all that disinformation by backing off for fear of increasing bad actor's visibility. Not be such a bad thing in this case, as more and more people are beginning to see what Rogan is really about. He's lost Rock's support now. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Rogan apologises for using N-word and racist Planet of the Apes story - Dill - 02-09-2022, 09:21 AM