Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When can do away with "no knock" warrants?
(02-09-2022, 08:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is what I was thinking about with all the societal issues. I was very fortunate in my younger years because I hung around with the wrong people. However, I also hung around with the right people. One of my friends from family connections and Scouting who is a few years older than me is the current Captain for our PD that oversees Special Operations and Criminal Investigations. I've known many other officers over the years through school connections, Scouts, etc. They knew me and knew that while I was a little shit I wasn't doing the same things some of the people I hung around with were doing. But it was that knowledge of how things worked that allowed me to distance myself from the worst of the folks in my area.

"Oh, hey, we're going over to so-and-so's house to catch a buzz and play Halo. Want to come along?" I would base my decision on a lot of things, and some of that would be just how much criminal activity that person took place in. Did I want to get high and play Halo? **** yeah, that was a great time. But what wouldn't be a great time was some drug deal gone wrong while we were there or something else like that. But my friends would still go, and they would go because it was their cousin, or brother, or childhood best friend, or whatever. None of them were into meth, but that person sure sold it along with the weed my buddies would be smoking (not in it, just as well as).

I did a lot of trimming of people in my life, and that's because I was able to. I think the biggest problem for some folks is, though, that the people that can drag them down are the safety net they have in life. I know that is the case for many people that used to be in my circle of friends. And I know a lot of those people that drag them down are part of a cycle that has been going on for generations. I know their families. I know their parents, I know their children, I grew up in their neighborhood. This is how I can look at situations like this with a more nuanced take than a lot of people are able to give it.

I haven't had time to follow up on this story much but do we know the apartment actually had a "bad guy" there?

This was a warrant for a person of interest.  What if they had the wrong guy?  What if the victim was hanging out with someone who he should have been hanging out with?

My point is that this is shading toward victim blaming.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When can do away with "no knock" warrants? - GMDino - 02-09-2022, 09:58 AM