Poll: Preferred playing the rams or 49ers?
Preferred playing the Rams
Preferred playing the 49ers
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you glad our opponent are the Rams and not the 49ers?
(02-10-2022, 11:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The 49ers would have been an objectively easier match up.

Worse cornerbacks, worse pass rush, worse QB, worse WRs (albeit close) and we've already played them. And Joe LOVES playing a team a second time. And in that game, we had one of the worst first half performances all year with 2 muffed punt returns and a bullshit taunting penalty that turned a field goal into a touchdown, and we still took it to overtime.

I have no doubt in my mind that we'd beat the 49ers in a rematch.

Plus, there's the whole revenge for 81 and 88 storyline that would have been very, very sweet.

The Rams, I honestly don't know if we'll win. They have an elite CB to shut down Chase, they have an elite pass rush from multiple positions (as opposed to just Bosa for the 49ers), they have a QB who, while he has choked in the past, is an objectively elite passer and has limited the chokes this year, making me think maybe it was the Lions who were the real chokers, and a wide receiver corp that includes the triple crown winner.

I'm going into this game thinking it's a 50/50 game, whereas the 49ers game would have been a 90/10 game, in my opinion.

Absurd.   49'ers would have been a pick'em game .
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you glad our opponent are the Rams and not the 49ers? - Science Friction - 02-10-2022, 11:47 AM