Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Rogan apologises for using N-word and racist Planet of the Apes story
(02-10-2022, 06:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do, literally every single day I'm at work. 

I sound good anywhere.

Ahahaha, seriously?  This is your argument?  My definition would not apply in this one, specific, instance (which you conjured out of thin air, not me).  Is his denial believable?  Is Rogan's explanation on the same level as this guy's denial?  I'll leave it to you to figure that one out by yourself.  Oh man, this is really one of your weakest attempts to twist the argument, and that's saying something.   Smirk

What you are calling an "argument" was a question, "seriously."

So your definition would not work with that real life example. Correct. 
If it has to depend on whether denial is "believable," then other, unstated and untestable criteria are in play, making the actual determination. 

So I am not going to "figure out" your definition by myself, if you yoursself cannot actually adapt it to real life cases, or even fully articulate the criteria you are using. 

Until you figure that out, your definition won't apply to many such examples. Your definition looks increasingly like a private one, protected from the challenges faced by any definition facing policy and a legal application. 

Here is another real life example, also conjured from actual news sources. They are very common.

Washington (CNN)A Republican candidate for Kentucky's state legislature posted racist images of President Barack Obama and his family -- and defended those images by saying "Facebook's entertaining."

Dan Johnson, the bishop of Heart of Fire Church in Louisville, posted an edited image of the President and first lady Michelle Obama with ape-like features. He also labeled a photo of a chimpanzee a baby picture of Obama.

"It wasn't meant to be racist. I can tell you that. My history's good there. I can see how people would be offended in that. I wasn't trying to offend anybody, but, I think Facebook's entertaining," Johnson told WDRB, the Louisville TV station that found the images and confronted him with them.
https://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/02/politics/kentucky-republican-facebook-posts/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Rogan apologises for using N-word and racist Planet of the Apes story - Dill - 02-10-2022, 07:17 PM