Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Aaron Donald destroys us in the 1st half...
Would it be insane to move DJ Reader to RG? He would know all the moves of a DT and not easily bull rushed....

I'm just joking, but the Oline is the obvious weak link. I dont think any of us would fear losing this game if we had an above average line and Joe had 2.5 secs every pass play. (Im as almost anxious about next year with a good line as a I am about the SB)

I'm interested in what out of the box ideas we could come up with to offset the pass rush. There is always the chip from RB, the TE block & release.

We max protect at times keeping the RB and TE in, but that leaves only 3 WR's vs 7 defenders.

We could do the exact opposite and go empty with 5 receivers, Joe's preference, giving him 5 options but he would have to make up his mind and get rid of the ball real, real quick.

We also need to mixup our looks. The Rams do an interesting thing with their WR's in motion. They actually shoot up the hole in the middle of the line like a FB to block for the RB, Kupp is very good at this.

I wonder if we could do this with someone in motion, snapping the ball when the motion man is at the olineman facing AD and provide help...?

It would be amazing if our guys could hold their own as that is an incredible group on the other side.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If Aaron Donald destroys us in the 1st half... - casear2727 - 02-10-2022, 10:44 PM