Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ja’Marr Chase wins AP OROY
(02-11-2022, 12:56 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: There were a lot of bad tales regarding the Bengals when they chose Ja’Marr over Sewell. Those takes amplified once he had some preseason dropsies. They’re pretty much gone now, and those people look incredibly silly, but it definitely existed.

I don’t know that the hate was ever actually geared toward Chase though. It was more of a hate toward the Bengals for what people perceived to be a bad pick.

Glad he’s proven them wrong.

I was one of those people. Tbh, it was pretty much a 50/50 split. Line was the more traditional option when you have a franchise QB coming off a knee injury and an abysmal line. Glad we didn't think conventionally this time, obviously. LOL

That said, I don't think anyone looks silly now for what they said in April. There was a damn good argument to go with o-line back then. Including the playoffs, we gave up the 5th most sacks of all-time.

Chase just became a dream scenario, though, and Burrow stayed healthy. It was really the best scenario we could've dreamed up. You're right though. It was never anything against Chase.

I'm guessing this will come up literally every time Chase is discussed for the next 15 years. I won't let it rob my joy though. Everyone on here gets some wrong. That's a fact.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja’Marr Chase wins AP OROY - bfine32 - 02-10-2022, 11:31 PM
RE: Ja’Marr Chase wins AP OROY - bfine32 - 02-11-2022, 12:00 AM
RE: Ja’Marr Chase wins AP OROY - Nepa - 02-11-2022, 12:03 AM
RE: Ja’Marr Chase wins AP OROY - Nepa - 02-10-2022, 11:46 PM
RE: Ja’Marr Chase wins AP OROY - Shake n Blake - 02-11-2022, 01:14 AM
RE: Ja’Marr Chase wins AP OROY - Housh - 02-11-2022, 10:43 AM
RE: Ja’Marr Chase wins AP OROY - jj22 - 02-11-2022, 11:25 AM