Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't argue on twitter about Joe
(02-10-2022, 01:23 PM)BengalRed Wrote: There is truth in this but I've read a lot of fans from opposing teams accusing us of being bandwagon fans. Which I suppose is true to a certain extent. A lot of people, even people outside of Cincy, are jumping on the bandwagon, but there are still many hardcore fans like us.

The so-called bandwagon fans are EXACTLY what I have been saying the NFL needed to realize.  I think there is a major misconception at a high level in the NFL on fandom.  

It started for me years ago when I was at a bar (think the Bengals must have been on a bye) and there were TONS of guys at the bar with....laptops?  They weren't wearing jerseys, and they were cheering....uh, scores?  Receptions?  But they were cheering for all different teams?

It was fantasy football, and now I realize how huge this thing has become.  Sure, it is just a form of gambling, and I enjoyed a couple leagues at one time.  My favorite was a family league where the kids had teams, too.  My proudest moment was immediately after the "auto draft" (because there was just no way) on the transactions list showed every pittsburgh steeler was released...even guys like Piggy, Bell, and Brown.  Very proud moment, indeed, as the family knew better than to have turds in our punch bowl.

Back on topic:  I think a HUGE number of "fans" are just fans of the game.  They feel like the same four or five teams have a shot and the others just don't, either from bad officiating or just bad luck.  

Enter the 2021/2022 Bengals.  Young, fun, energetic....full of personalities, and not the kind you DON'T want around. 

This team is earning fans that might be with them for lifetimes.  Burrow is building a brand.  People love the confident, quirky, and talented individual.  

I think the NFL would do well to start celebrating teams and individuals like this and try to get more fans that care about the game, as in the TEAM, and not just the fantasy points. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Don't argue on twitter about Joe - J24 - 02-10-2022, 03:28 AM
RE: Don't argue on twitter about Joe - SHRacerX - 02-11-2022, 09:00 AM
RE: Don't argue on twitter about Joe - J24 - 02-10-2022, 11:50 AM