Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't argue on twitter about Joe
(02-11-2022, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Jim and Pat were talking about this very thing in their 3rd hour yesterday, minus the fantasy aspect. Talking about the Rams and the Bengals, and how each got to the Super Bowl. They basically said LA has gone all in and"rented" a Super Bowl team they will not be able  to keep together because they know the fans in LA won't wait, they'll move on, while the Bengals have built mostly though the draft with young players who will be around a long time. According to Kirwan, this is how the NFL wants teams to do it. They do not want to hear about players like Beckham refusing to play for certain teams and forcing his way out and onto a championship team. They acknowledged fans do not like that stuff. I'm starting to think the Bengals might just be the recipient of a lot of love from the league in the next couple of years as the team they want as their model. Who'da thought that 3 years ago?

Great stuff.  The league sure seemed to like Brady to Tampa, though, and that is soon to be a massive market.  I don't know if they will disappear after Brady has retired, but I can't help but wonder if it isn't sort of the same model of the Rams. 

I think the Tampa area was starving and with the success the Lightening have had in the NHL, the league saw that market (which is growing by a reported 1000 people a DAY!) as a huge potential win.  

The Cincinnati area may have just under 400,000 lives, but the greater tri-state area has many more.  Dayton, Columbus (i know, supposedly all Browns and Buckeyes....not true), NKY, Louisville, Lexington, WV, etc.  There are LOTS of Bengals fans in those areas.  It is a bit like the Reds.  Small market but huge fan base...largely from an incredible team in the 70s, but they won a lot of younger fans with a brash club in 1990.  While those boys were "nasty", this team is more just fun and talented.  The Bengals are one of the better team follows on social media now....huge prop to Elizabeth Blackburn on that one.  The team is young, fun, cool, and full of personality.  People see that!  Kay Adams sees that!

Winning Sunday will put this team in rarefied air for years to come.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Don't argue on twitter about Joe - J24 - 02-10-2022, 03:28 AM
RE: Don't argue on twitter about Joe - SHRacerX - 02-11-2022, 09:24 AM
RE: Don't argue on twitter about Joe - J24 - 02-10-2022, 11:50 AM