Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start of Spring Training Delayed
(02-09-2022, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A three hour baseball game includes an hour of players stepping out of the batters box to adjust their batting gloves and an hour for 10 pitching changes.  BORING!!!

There are some very simple things MLB could do to make the game more interesting.  Pitch clock is the main one.  WAAAAY too much time between pitches.  Also limit the number of pitching changes.

Some people complain about defensive shifts, but I think they can actually add more action to the game.  Without the shift every player is trying to pull the ball out of the park so he either ends up walking back to the dugout after striking out or walking around the bases after hitting a home run.  The idea of the shift is to force players to hit to the opposite field.  When this happens the ball is hit in play more often and these professional athletes actually have to *gasp* RUN in order to play the game.

Also need a mandatory pool of alligators in centerfield of every stadium.
I'll suggest something that nobody will like and will never happen.   Since the games are twice as long now, just have the 7 Inning games.  7 innings is still about 3 hours, which is plenty.  Now if TIED, go to Extra Innings, nobody on 2nd to start, BUT First Team to score wins.  So if visiting team scores top of the inning, GAME OVER.  None of this come back and Tie and go longer nonsense.  

Baseball Owners and Players are suppose to meet this weekend.  I'll be watching Bengals. 

If Baseball keeps Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball League from having a Draft and a Season again, as in 2020, I will Boycott Reds and Baseball all season. I will go on Strike.  Ruining Bengals Fantasy League will be the final straw for me on Baseball.  The season too long, the games too long, the game too boring, the announcers really too boring.  i will miss hearing what The Cowboy Jeff Brantley is eating every day, but that's a good thing.  He might as well add to it, and describe how it all comes out in the toilet.  I'm also getting bored with spin rotation, rate of velocity off the bat, ball speed and math angle arrows on every home run.  A home run is a home run, period.  You get no extra runs for loft angle. I miss the old time announcers who announced the game like it might be the first game a kid ever watched, instead of the assuming the viewers have watched every game for a million years.  The old time announcers like Gowdy and Pee Wee Reese would be more into why Tommy Helms charging the ball was a good defensive play.  They explained the basics of the game much better than modern announcers. They broadcast the game much better than modern announcers.  All this rotation spin and ball speed off the bat computer math is too computer, and is as exciting as watching paint dry. Do announcers ever tell kids the importance of stepping into the ball ? Do announcers stay on top of Left Handed Pitcher vs Left Handed Hitter, so Pitcher has the eye sight advantage, or the other way with Right Handed Hitter so now batter has the eye sight advantage. No, and they are not going to talk about stepping into the ball and such. They are going to bore everybody with computer graphics that have very little to do with how the game is played. I have news for announcers and their graphics on how Hard a ball was hit, The Great Ted Kluszewski told kids it is ALL about BAT SPEED. Tony Perez said, See The Ball, Hit The Ball. Back in the days when we were not bored to death by computer graphics all game. My best baseball coach ever taught me to Step Into The Ball. That is a MUST in baseball. The years Votto had all the leg problems, he could not step into the ball, that was his problem. The last few years he could step into the ball again. I almost never heard announcers mention it, just their computer graphics.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Start of Spring Training Delayed - kevin - 02-11-2022, 11:15 AM