Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airline passenger thrown off flight after Bengals rant
(02-11-2022, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why did you go to the trouble to learn the number of flights per day but refuse to educate yourself on the increase in problems with passengers?  What was the point of that?  Just a simple Google search proves that it is a real problem and not just a matter of them being more publicized.

Unruly passenger incidents on the increase | Airlines. (iata.org)

Airlines are reporting a significant rise in unruly and disruptive passenger incidents. 

In 2020, the rate of incidents doubled, and that trend is continuing in 2021. In an informal survey of IATA’s Cabin Operations Safety Technical Group, one member airline reported over 1,000 incidents of non-compliance in a single week. Another calculated a 55% increase in unruly passenger incidents based on the numbers carried. 

In the United States, the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) had more than 4,600 incident reports between January and early October 2021. Some 849 of these reports have been investigated versus a yearly average of 142 over the last decade.

"Go through the trouble"..... I literally just googled "how many flights per day in the US". It's not exactly like I had to go out of my way, Fred.

Of course there's an increase in a pandemic when people and employees are masked, scared, cramped, and the increased scrutiny on rules and rule enforcement compared to any other time in recent history.

You highlighted 849 investigated, but again we're talking out of ~60,000,000 in a year if that daily number I saw was correct. I honestly don't care to spend more time on a such a stupid subject.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Airline passenger thrown off flight after Bengals rant - TheLeonardLeap - 02-11-2022, 02:36 PM