Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So how are you dealing with the Bandwagon Fans?
(02-11-2022, 05:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ironically, “buzzword” has become one of the bigger buzzwords. People really only use it when try to discredit and idea or opinion at this point.

Protecting the fan base from intruders, or those considered less worthy of being fans is textbook gatekeeping. It happens in every type of fandom…sports, music, movies, and pretty much every hobby that exists. We’re all guilty of it to some degree.

Call it what you will. Like I said, it's about loyalty to me.

That doesn't mean I see no positives in having bandwagons around. I love seeing more Bengals fans, tbh. That said, I think the way to determine if something is right or wrong is often to just ask yourself this: If everyone did it that way, what would it look like?

If everyone was bandwagon, sports would disappear. Everyone would ride the champ, and the other 31 teams would make 0 money. The loyalty of die-hards is what keeps the whole thing going. Bandwagons come and go.

Of course, bandwagons do incentivize teams to be successful. They help take a stadium that would normally be 70% capacity and fill it to 100%. They buy tons of merch to show off their sudden fandom.

So in a way, they're necessary as well.

I just don't respect people who disappear when you lost your job, but show up with hands out when your balling. Is what it is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how are you dealing with the Bandwagon Fans? - Shake n Blake - 02-11-2022, 08:13 PM