Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Power football and screens anyone?
(02-11-2022, 10:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: In no way is it certain but the Rams celebrated (excessively) DL is also something else - it is a bit smaller and lighter. We do have the horses to go with a more power look up front and play downhill smash mouth running. We also excel at screens and the Rams are not at all good at defending them. Carman starting would support this idea as he is rather more powerful then Adeniji.

If it works the Rams have to come up with LB and safety help which opens up better passing.

Just speculating.

There isn't any evidence that running the ball helps your passing game. Think about a cover 3 or cover 1 look - both are single safety high. A safety is already "brought up". These coverages are the most common coverages in the NFL, yet they aren't easier or better to pass on. 

Just like the rest of the playoff games, I really don't care about the run game at this point. It just stinks. They can run more power plays, if they'd like, or they can continue running zone. I'm not expecting much out of them. This game is still on Burrow. I do expect Cincinnati to utilize screens, though. Get the ball in Chase's hands/Mixons hands out in space. I would really love to see Mixon utilized as a receiver more in this game. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power football and screens anyone? - KillerGoose - 02-12-2022, 09:46 AM