Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Power football and screens anyone?
(02-12-2022, 09:46 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: There isn't any evidence that running the ball helps your passing game. Think about a cover 3 or cover 1 look - both are single safety high. A safety is already "brought up". These coverages are the most common coverages in the NFL, yet they aren't easier or better to pass on. 

Just like the rest of the playoff games, I really don't care about the run game at this point. It just stinks. They can run more power plays, if they'd like, or they can continue running zone. I'm not expecting much out of them. This game is still on Burrow. I do expect Cincinnati to utilize screens, though. Get the ball in Chase's hands/Mixons hands out in space. I would really love to see Mixon utilized as a receiver more in this game. 

The Rams strength is their penetrating defensive line. If the Bengals can get the running game going it will force them to plant their feet and 2 gap. Also a consistent run game leads to more 3rd and shorts instead of the 3rd and longs we have seen the last couple of weeks.

As for the run helping the pass it's a given a balanced offense helps both the run and pass.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power football and screens anyone? - Synric - 02-12-2022, 10:11 AM