Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Power football and screens anyone?
(02-12-2022, 10:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sure, I'm not saying that a run game is useless. If it is working, then it helps. Cincinnati's doesn't work very well is really all I am saying. Cincinnati doesn't have a consistent run game, generally speaking. Sometimes it shows up. 

For your last point, that isn't quite the argument I make. A balanced offense is a necessity - if you throw the ball without concern for the run, defenses get into their pressure packages and can wreak havoc on your QB. This was something the Bills found themselves struggling with this season.  What I am saying is that the effectiveness of your run game matters not for the effectiveness of your pass game. As you run the ball better, your QB doesn't perform better. His rating doesn't go up, his success rate doesn't go up, his YPA doesn't go up, he doesn't throw for more TDs, on and on. The inverse is true as well. As your running game doesn't perform, your QB doesn't play worse. There is zero correlation to QB play and RB play. They are independent of each other. 

What a balanced offense helps with is ambiguity within your playcalling. There has to be variety for effectiveness, unless your in a special situation where you have Tom Brady or something along those lines.

I disagree and always will because your numbers are skewed by spread shotgun teams like the Bill's and Chiefs that have a high play action percentage but do it mostly because of the design. They will even pretend to hand it off when the running back runs the other way on a swing route. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power football and screens anyone? - Synric - 02-12-2022, 11:08 AM