Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow belongs to everyone
(02-12-2022, 03:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Cool find, Reub.  Thanks for sharing.

Speaking of cool, that isn't really what resonates with me.  I mean, Dre Kirkpatrick was called "swag" coming out of college....sure, he had swag but not much else.  It isn't even about "backing it up" for me.

What I love so much about Burrow (of course, this could become my longest post ever, as there are so many things) specifically off the field, is how he is just so comfortable in his own skin.  He is who he is and doesn't apologize for it, but he also doesn't throw it in your face, as though if you DON'T like SpongeBob, you are trash.  

It isn't easy to be liked while being insanely competitive.  People don't know how to take you.  We have all seen the tire-wrestling video where he wouldn't give up and beat an OSU linebacker, or the story where he went after Patrick Queen in one of his first practices at LSU where he felt he made a late, dirty hit on an offensive teammate.  It resulted in quite a scrum.  

He earns the respect of his teammates with his toughness, but also wins them over because he is respectful of everyone.  As the article states, he doesn't look down at anyone and can't seem to stand racial injustices.  He's more than just a great QB, he is a role model for everyone.  

You're welcome! 

I think he has a special ability to relate to anyone which comes in handy when bonding in the locker room or organizationally. The coaches said his emotional intelligence is off the charts. He said growing up in Athens, while not as racially diverse, had a variety of type of people (impoverished to rich) has probably helped him become how he is.

Yeah those stories of him getting crushed, telling Ed he's not going out of the game (when Ed tried to put the backup in) - then scoring on the next 3 drives. That resonated with that team. The same thing is happening here, getting sacked that many times and not slamming the ball down or looking to the sidelines.

I think the biggest thing with Joe is who doesn't like this guy? He charms everyone, even opposing fans. I think it's tough to find people that don't have any real enemies. He is a role model. He says he's not much of a trash talker but at the same time he's said he's not one to start trash talking, but he'll finish it. My kind of guy. Unfortunately I like to start and finish the talk, especially when it comes to steelers fans trying to take our joy right now lol.

When Burrow is screaming you can't effin zero him, that's definitely trash talk, but I guess it might have been a "finisher" line lol.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow belongs to everyone - Housh - 02-13-2022, 12:48 AM
RE: Joe Burrow belongs to everyone - reuben.ahmed - 02-12-2022, 03:26 PM
RE: Joe Burrow belongs to everyone - Nepa - 02-13-2022, 04:24 AM