Poll: Can we officially retire the B word?
Yes, We're in the Superbowl
No, We haven't won the Superbowl yet
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we officially retire the BWord?
(02-12-2022, 05:28 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don’t call them the Bungles. That’s what division opponents call the team to degrade them and paint them as an inferior trash franchise. Even if that has seemed like the truth for large amounts of the history of my fandom, I’m still not about to ally with Steelers and Browns fans to make fun of the team.

But, if you wanna do it, have at it. Who am I to tell you how to “root” for your team.

I wonder if Steelers fans call their team the Stoolers? Ratbirds with the Ravens? I wonder if Browns fans say “if it’s Brown, flush it down.”. I’m genuinely curious. Is the self degradation thing common with all teams’ fanbases?

I think it's horrible when a Bengals fan uses the term. Although I show constraint, I want to tell them to check their fan card at the door on the way out because honestly, losing isn't fun. Having a self proclaimed fan use that term is like salt on the wound. That's just me though and everyone deals with it differently. I love the team though and that may be the difference.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we officially retire the BWord? - HarleyDog - 02-12-2022, 07:55 PM