Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Ascent to the Top- How Unlikely Was It? (Put it in Context)
I was angry at the FO for not fixing the line, but let's take a step back and look at how many defensive players had to fall into place and had huge games through the last 5 or 6 games. Sure, we could have spent 10M to fix one OL position but think where you'd not be able to spend the money, Hilton and Apple possibly? The margin in the last few games was so small a guy like Flowers could represent the difference even.

I wouldn't compare one game/match so I'd say of the selection possibly the Butler scenario. So many things had to go right against great competition.

When you consider why "experts" would give a .4% chance, it's way more than history or being too young or unproven. The most damning reason is the lasting image of Burrow holding his knee and expecting him to get AND stay healthy. He took all 63 sacks this far and got up to throw with zero fear after each one. It's going to be a war out there but he's going to take a SB MVP even if he's not amazing statistically. That's a testament to one more game where the defense makes play after play to get him there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals Ascent to the Top- How Unlikely Was It? (Put it in Context) - phil413 - 02-13-2022, 03:04 AM