Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Ascent to the Top- How Unlikely Was It? (Put it in Context)
This is a huge underdog story, which is why the hype for this Super Bowl is so huge. In the NFL, it compares with the '99 season where the Rams went from 4-12 in 1998 to the Super Bowl, which was late January 2000. The Titans also went through a lot, including the Music City Miracle to get through the Super Bowl. Less-obvious similarities include how we all "survived" Y2K to realize January 1, 2000 was just gonna be another day. I was working at a medical-oriented answering service back then, and Friday, December 31, 1999 was one of the most harrowing workdays I ever went through. Nowadays, we are all hopefully, hopefully, hopefully coming out of the pandemic, so the mood of the country is similar.

Appalachian State winning in Ann Arbor was huge, but it was just one game. I have two cousins from North Carolina who both went there, and they probably still are proud of it to this day. The Reds sweeping the A's was also huge, but to me the bigger worst-to-first story in baseball were the '69 New York Mets.

If Joe Burrow leads the Bengals to a Super Bowl win, it will go down as a victory for the ages and Hollywood would probably make a movie about it at some point. They did for Kurt Warner!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals Ascent to the Top- How Unlikely Was It? (Put it in Context) - WiregrassBenGal - 02-13-2022, 09:34 AM