Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Ascent to the Top- How Unlikely Was It? (Put it in Context)
The Bengals roster needed major work. Mgt had had a tendency to get attached to certain players and they weren’t earning their salaries. Just a big complacency set in. The younger Brown mgt team finally started winning some player personnel battles with Mike. When disaster struck in Zac’s first year it hit their personal pocketbooks and then the next year was the pandemic. They had no choice but ressurect this team. They had the pieces in a coach with a plan, a top notch QB, and they got lucky in FA and the draft. I’m not minimizing Zac,Duke, and all the coaches incredible work in making the acquisitions be great. I’m just saying you still need some luck.

The Browns have gotten a taste of the excitement and see how much it’s meant to the city. Let’s hope that they enjoy it so much they keep aggressive in FA. I suspect the younger Browns are having more input. They hired a young inexperienced head coach who has grown tremendously but one thing he always had was a vision and a process that was great. The key moving forward is having a roster that can withstand injuries to key players. They aren’t there yet.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals Ascent to the Top- How Unlikely Was It? (Put it in Context) - Soonerpeace - 02-13-2022, 10:56 AM