Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Ready To Explode and Clobber A Team
(11-25-2015, 05:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: untitled.bmp]

I just think this whole "mad because we lost" crap is getting a little old.  We were supposed to beat the Texans because we beat the primetime curse by beating the Browns.  Then we were supposed to beat the Cardinals because they beat the Seahawks in Seattle and we lost to the Texans at home and we were mad and they were going to be complacent for some reason.  We were also going to beat the Cardinals because Carson quit on our team and his former teammates were mad.  

Now we are SO MAD that we lost 2 in a row we are going to beat the god-awful Rams in Cincinnati while they either play a concussed crap QB they cut earlier in the year OR massively slumping Nick Foles. 

Listen up folks, we lost to the Texans because we played bad football
We lost to the Cardinals because they were the better team
We are going to beat the Rams because WE are the better team

Being mad, or winning or losing streaks or all this blah blah blah bs has nothing to do with it.  It's just a bunch of delusional fan-speak for "Well, we lost but I have to find a way to pretending losing is good, because god forbid I admit something bad happened."  I'm all for self-delusion (I am such an intelligent and handsome fellow, after all) but I'm starting to get a bit worried that people literally believe that anger levels are the primary factor in determining who wins a football game.  But I know we are going to beat the Rams and people are going to say those 2 losses were JUST what we needed to realize we weren't the best team to ever play in the NFL.  

It's a laugh.  It's such deductive, feel-good bs. It also reminds me of that one guy we all know that swears he can beat up someone who has studied martial arts for 20 years because he's all like, mad and stuff.

Bengals are on an 8 game winning streak = HOLY CRAP the Bengals are on fire!  They're gonna kill the next team they face!
Bengals are on a losing streak = HOLY CRAP the Bengals are sooooooo mad!  They're gonna kill the next team they face!

This also applies to being overly negative:

Bengals are playing a really good team = OH CRAP, they're gonna win! They're too good! It's hopeless!
Bengals are playing a really crappy team = OH CRAP, they're gonna win! They're so bad! It's a trap game!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ready To Explode and Clobber A Team - Nately120 - 11-25-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Bengals Ready To Explode and Clobber A Team - 34inXXIII - 11-26-2015, 08:44 PM