Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl on the line, and you Perine.
At crunch time the Rams went to their best player Kupp and it worked even though they had no other viable weapons.

I agree no reason to go to Perine at crunch time especially.  Honestly I believe there was no reason to play Perine in any game at all besides blowouts all year.  I do like Perine real fine as a runner and a runner only but he flat sucks as a receiver and is even worse than suckey in blitz pick up.  I thought he lost us the KC game when he missed that backfield reception late in the gamer, that admittingly was less than perfectly thrown, but it still has to be either caught or knocked to the ground so as to not be intercepted.

Perine would be a very useful as a runner behind an offensive line that can run block even a tad bit but the 2021 and 2022 Bengals line could not.  I would have played Chris Evans all day every day as the back-up running back.  He is way better as a catching back and also better a blitz pick up back than Perine which is not really saying much.  Even if his running ability was to be way worse I would argue that it really does not matter behind this particular O-line.

Running Perine behind Adeniji yee hah at crunch time....Adeniji is literally facing the wrong direction as he got manhandled as usual...I guess Adeniji wanted a good view of Perine coming up short on the run.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bowl on the line, and you Perine. - rankrank1 - 02-14-2022, 02:15 AM