Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor needs to give up play calling
(02-14-2022, 10:38 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Man how good are our guys if they can make the Super Bowl and nearly WIN with terrible o line and terrible play calling?!?!

Zac is not the problem. He’s not the best play caller in the league but he certainly shouldn’t be giving up the duties. He is improving and when our assistant coaches start leaving we will be damn glad our HC is also our offensive system and play caller. No more relying on good OC hires every two years like the playoff run under Marvin.

While ZT is not the issue calling plays overall, he clearly did not have his best night in the 2nd half. There were things he needed to do last night that he did not. Run an end-around to soften the middle, a couple quick hitters to WR's and let them become RB's, a couple WR screen plays, roll JB out more on designed plays, how about a couple dig patterns, a couple quick outs.

Scrap the dump off to Mixon as that play hasn't worked all year, mainly because Mixon usually can't shake a defender, but last night the Rams sniffed that play out every time and it maybe netted 1 yard on 3-4 catches. I understand that ZT and his overall play-calling are limited by the weak OL but last night there were a few things that could have been done to soften things up.

I believe the Bengals played the clock as their opponent and not the Rams the last few possessions and I understand that. No way did JB have the time to sit back and throw downfield and ZT certainly did not want an Int. to beat them. And it almost worked had Boyd not dropped that 3rd down pass I believe his momentum gets him the 1st down and they get another fresh set.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor needs to give up play calling - higgy100 - 02-14-2022, 11:17 AM