Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to talk about THAT penalty
Sorry, guys. I know that even though it's only the next morning, you're probably already sick of hearing about and talking aboug THAT penalty. But, I have to ask the question: why, after letting the players play all game, after numerous obvious calls went uncalled, why oh why, did the refs wait until the most important drive of the game to not only throw a flag but to throw a flag on a guy who didn't even commit a penalty?!

Now, I know some of you will be quick to defend the refs and say they weren't the reason we lost the game and, sure, our offense could've done more/played better and our offensive line played worse than crap from the 3rd QTR to the end of the game. But you can argue that phantom call cost us the game.

Think of it this way. Let's say Stafford doesn't throw any picks and it's an offensive shoot out. Score is 40-36 and Stafford is driving the Rams down for the go ahead score with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. And then he throws an INT in the endzone. Would you say that Stafford INT cost the Rams the game? Yes, you would even though the loss was more on the defense not getting any stops.

Now, with all that said, we still had a shot to at least tie and I fully expected that to happen. It didn't and here we are. When all is said and done, I am mighty proud of our team. We had the worst oline to ever appear in a Super Bowl and we were a bullshit call away from winning the Super Bowl. That's nothing to be ashamed of. And you know the rest of the league is going to be worried if we can improve our offensive line this offseason. We just have to suffer through the next couple of days of Rams dick-riding until EVERYONE's focus turns to the offseason.

Thanks for letting me vent/rant and i appreciate you coming to my Ted Talk. ThumbsUp

WHO DEY
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I need to talk about THAT penalty - PhilHos - 02-14-2022, 01:22 PM