Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to talk about THAT penalty
The Wilson call was a joke, but the Higgins one was too. Without the Wilson call, the Rams had 4th and 9... obviously we're favoured to defend that, but who says Kupp doesn't beat us there anyway? With the Higgins play... I've no faith that our 2nd half offence scores 7 on that drive if they call the penalty.

I think that's true, and I also think thats the healthier view to take! Drowning in a pit of 'screw the zebras' isn't going to do much for anyone imo.

What I will say I absolutely hate about the NFL playoffs, is the whole 'let them play' bollocks. If you have a game where the rules are 'relaxed' for big time games, then the rules aren't fit for purpose. The game should be played to the same rules in every single game of the year.

I get the game is hard to officiate, but I make this comparison; I'm from England and I'm a major football (Soccer) fan. Refs make mistakes all the time in 'soccer' too. That will largely never cease, as it's too fluid a game. American Football has all the benefits of being a 'stop/start' kind of game, whereby video technology can really help refs out on the fly. I think it could be implemented better, to take subjectivity out of some of the calls you see.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need to talk about THAT penalty - TheCincinnatiKid - 02-14-2022, 03:00 PM