Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals had a PBWR of 18% in the SB!
(02-14-2022, 03:44 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Aren't there things that our HC and OC could have done to mitigate the Rams defensive pressure?  Like roll outs, for example?  I'm sure I don't know football as well as some of you so help me out.  Zac and Brian know way more football than I ever will. What am I missing here?

I felt like there could have been. But I'm not an NFL coach and they are.

It seemed like the quick passes over the middle worked. Burrow got the ball out quick in the 1st half. When the Rams overloaded one side of the line...I'm not sure why they didn't audible and run to the other side. It also seemed like when we brought more lineman in that we had success running.

So like if the Rams overload one side, bring in an extra lineman on the other side and run that way to force them to stop overloading it.

I don't know. Probably easier said than done.

This coaching staff was interesting. For about 2.5 years, I'd say they got out-strategized in nearly every single game. Then around the Ravens game, the light clicked for Lou and all of the sudden we played innovative defenses.

On offense, I saw the light click a little less and it was in the form of long passes. Like they realized, Hey we can just go deep and out-talent teams. But, in the playoffs the offense struggled more. Probably because teams are better. But, also because coaching is too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals had a PBWR of 18% in the SB! - THE PISTONS - 02-14-2022, 03:57 PM