Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone feel like we won't see another Super bowl anytime soon?
(02-14-2022, 03:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One point of fortune we had this year is that we didn't have to face Buffalo AND KC.  Still, we had fortune but we made the most of it, so that's no great shame.  I know the Ravens and Browns aren't bums, but as long as the Steelers don't get Rodgers or Watson or some other insta-reboot, I can see us being like the Patriots where we practically are a lock to make the playoffs because we own our division each year.

It could happen...but as long as we can be that team that is always in the playoffs, we'll get more and more shots at the winning streak it takes to win it all.

I found that as part of this "lucky" run. We need opponents to run into someone else's wall. We say we can beat anyone, but teams like the Jets can crush us. Or the Browns twice (they are no cakewalk at all though, if they actually knew how to use their talent). We can beat anyone, but anyone can also beat us.

So I attribute that "at least that team took them out" as part of the lucky part of the run where things have to fall our way. That whole playoffs basically everything fell our way almost to the end. But sometimes you can force luck's hand (preparation + opportunity), and we know Burrow is going to be the most prepared he can, we just have to keep giving him opportunities.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone feel like we won't see another Super bowl anytime soon? - reuben.ahmed - 02-14-2022, 04:36 PM