Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's That Time Again... Cincy Trip!
(11-23-2015, 06:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Gold Star offers a tex-mex i believe but its normal is also just like skylines.

the 3 way is the Noodles Meat Sauce( chili)  and Cheese

4s add beans or onions and 5s add both

I believe Skyline uses a little cinnamon and goldstar uses brown sugar but i could have that backwards.

As far as eating while your here.   If you dont have one near where you live and want a good beer check out the hofbrauhaus.   Its across the river in newport (night across the street from Newport on the Levi if you need a landmark)  

Its a traditional german beer hall(modeled after the one in munich germany) but man is their food good. and the beer is great.

http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/menu/

I wish i could give you a recommedation on a Mexican restraunt but outside of Alcapoco's here in Lebanon and El Rancho Grande  elsewhere i dont know of many.

I always heard it was cinnamon that gave Cincy chili the unique flavor and the manufacturers always said, no it wasn't, it was something else but they would not disclose it... Just a few days ago I heard a guy ask, "what do you use all spice for besides pumpkin pie?" and so I was reading an article about all spice - the article mentioned it is a staple in a lot of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes and also was responsible for giving Cincinnati chili its unique flavor. Perhaps it is?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's That Time Again... Cincy Trip! - xxlt - 11-26-2015, 10:44 AM