Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone feel like we won't see another Super bowl anytime soon?
(02-14-2022, 10:32 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I was listening to the Rich Eisen show while driving around today. He had on Trent Dilfer who was completely unimpressed with the Bengals future. He said the DL was going to be badly downgraded with departures of Hill and Ogunjobi, the OL needed more than a year to fix and our defensive backfield needs help. He said Bengals won't repeat as division winners in such a tough division.

It sure is nice to hear the "respect" being showered on the Bengals. Here's to hoping there's more crow served up next year.

I didn't hear Trent Dilfer so your summary of his comments is a possible scenario. The question is whether the Bengals front office that we saw the last two years, with heavy investment in free agents, is something that will continue, or whether they will go into maintenance mode, watching the bottom line.

I've been around since the franchise started and saw the decline after the first two Super Bowls and the 30-year drought. I'm optimistic, but guarded. Some of the NFL owners are rich tycoons, including the Rams owner, who is the 2nd or third richest owner and is worth almost 11 billions dollars. The Browns have always operated differently, since this is their business. The time to strike is now and spending now would also comfort the fan base. But Dilfer seems to think that won't happen, that we will lose Hill and Ojunjobi and try to develop our OL and defensive backfield rather than get proven talent. 

We will see. I'm guarded, having been down this road before.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone feel like we won't see another Super bowl anytime soon? - Nepa - 02-14-2022, 11:24 PM