Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone feel like we won't see another Super bowl anytime soon?
(02-14-2022, 11:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Every team would have multiple Super Bowls if it was as easy as some make it seem. The great Manning Indy teams could barely make it in a weak division. Many great teams over the years didn't make it at all, and/or don't make it back.

Next year we won't be sneaking up on anyone, and the division will be drafting to stop us. Let alone we need to get over the Cleveland hump as they were very close to taking the division. 

A reasonable viewpoint. I think some of the "of course we'll be back, we'll be better than ever," is a hurt fanbase trying to put on a hopeful view as as salve.  Because so much went right for the Bengals this year and there is no telling if next year we will deal with injuries again like just a year ago. 

After the week 17 win, I thought this was our year. I thought we could beat the Raiders and Titans and rooted for KC to beat Buffalo because I thought we could take KC again. I thought we could beat the NFC champion and it came down to one or two plays.

As I said, I'm guarded about the Bengals outlook. I  watched another 4 win or so Bengals team once before all of a sudden be in the Super Bowl, only to drop off the very next year. A lot has to go right to get back and it starts with whether or not the front office will invest heavily again or go into maintenance mode. These are not tycoons we are talking about.

Edit: Checked on my memory. Yes, only 4 wins in 1987 season, went to Super Bowl in 1988 season, and back to 4th place in Division in 1989 season. In the Super Bowl season I assumed it would be the first of many.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone feel like we won't see another Super bowl anytime soon? - Nepa - 02-15-2022, 12:22 AM