Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playing Devil's Advocate...
Okay, I have been highly critical, and I think rightly so, of "Isaac Curtis" and some of the other posters on here who maintain that the NFL is rigged. However, to be fair, I think we should at least try to see it from their perspective. As far as the call that went the Bengals way, that play happened very fast in real time and I could see how the hand on the face mask for a split second could be missed. So it's not like the refs saw the violation and chose to overlook it. They obviously didn't see that. It's not like he gifted the Bengals a favor there.

What about what they DID see and CHOSE to favor the Rams?

1. Rams lining up offsides. No way they miss that. LA did it not only on their last drive near the goal line but other times in the game. The refs didn't miss that. They CHOSE to overlook it. Why is that?

2. Perine on 3rd and 1 . I have watched the replay. The linesman was right there on it. He saw it. Perine reached out and was close. Very close. Inches at most from the first down mark. The official was right there. Takes the ball and places it two feet short of where Perine advanced to. It was obvious what he did. Placed the ball two feet from where it was advanced to. Why is that?

3. Phantom Hold. Third and 8. Wilson did not hold . According to former NFL executive , Mike Pereira , "Wilson gets called for defensive holding. It's not holding." Bengals are celebrating the play and gearing up for the 4th and 8 which will decide the game. Flag comes in from the back of the endzone , 13 yards away. Up to that point the refs had let the teams play. 6 fouls for 41 yards, including the Hargreaves insanity. Yet, he throws a late ticky tack flag on a good defensive play on third and goal inside two minutes in the Superbowl.
Why is that?

That's just three, but there's more that I could list. There is big money in sports and it doesn't get any bigger than the Superbowl. Do these refs go through a rigorous vetting process before they are hired? What is known about them? They are fans of sport, I'm sure. Isn't is likely they have rooting interests of their own? Can we trust that everyone involved is completely unbiased and has no rooting or betting interest in the outcome?

Lindsey Patterson said in a tweet: "The NFL is not rigged. Officials are just bad at their jobs."

Are they really THAT bad???

Again, I'm not buying into conspiracies about pre-determined results like like "Isaac Curtis," but there was some fishy shit that went on late in the game that at least makes one want to think about it from a different perspective.

Are we wrong to call these conspiracy guys out as wackos when there were multiple instances of officials clearly observing a play but CHOOSING to do the wrong thing. He saw the Perine mark and clearly moved the back two feet. They saw the Rams offsides but chose to disregard it. Flag throw from 13 yards away , well after a well defended play. Why is that? Why is that? Why is that?

Are we sure that it was JUST bad officiating and not Goodell's Football League playing unfair?

Just playing devil's advocate. Thanks in advance for your valued thoughts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Playing Devil's Advocate... - Science Friction - 02-15-2022, 03:42 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Nepa - 02-15-2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Pezmerga - 02-15-2022, 11:20 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Sled21 - 02-15-2022, 09:40 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Sled21 - 02-15-2022, 09:49 AM