Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playing Devil's Advocate...
(02-15-2022, 04:23 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I've never bought the idea that it is "rigged" to the point where the players are all co-conspirators and the outcomes are pre-determined.  I have long held belief that it is for sure "skewed" in that certain teams are treated better by the officials.  Holding and spearing headshots are tolerated from certain teams moreso than others.  I remember so many hits from Burfict or Nelson that were far more gentle than what the Steelers would do to decapitate people over the middle and you'd have to hold your breath and hope that their shoulder hits weren't flagged.  They'd do this to the Bills vs. the Patriots, they'd do this to the Bengals vs. the Steelers and sometimes the Ravens.  Why?  I'd guess that it's related to the NFL's bottom line in some way if I had to venture a guess.  I've also observed...just an observation that may not mean anything...both the Bills and Bengals are all of a sudden relevant at the exact instant that their stadium deals are up.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Who the hell am I to know?  There has to be a team of people who can objectively assess whether or not games are skewed or not...right?  

Interesting.

I can't honestly say I fully trust the National Football League.  Bengals' Board members , do have 100% confidence that the NFL is always unbiased and above board on everything?   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Science Friction - 02-15-2022, 05:00 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Nepa - 02-15-2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Pezmerga - 02-15-2022, 11:20 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Sled21 - 02-15-2022, 09:40 AM
RE: Playing Devil's Advocate... - Sled21 - 02-15-2022, 09:49 AM